AHAA Seeking Applications for Web Coordinator
Friday, April 5, 2019
Posted by: Jeff Richmond-Moll
The Association of Historians of American Art (AHAA) is seeking applications for the position of Co-Web Coordinator.
The Co-Web Coordinator, who is a member of AHAA's Board, serves a term of three years. The Co-Coordinator will join the current Web Coordinator, working in close consultation with the elected AHAA Co-Chairs to coordinate the management of the association's website, online resources, and communications.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and brief statement of interest (1 page max.) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2019.
As part of their duties, which are shared with their fellow Web Coordinator, the Co-Web Coordinator will:
• Ensure that web content is accurate and timely by making updates weekly, or as needed (using backend of our member-management system, YourMembership.com)
• Work with Treasurer to ensure that all web-related accounts remain in good standing (YourMembership, GoDaddy, 1and1 email service, PayPal, and credit card processing), and maintain all account information, passwords, etc. for online accounts (working alongside Treasurer and Social Media Coordinator, among others)
• Check and answer emails sent to email@example.com, or other AHAA email accounts, and keep email forwarding service up to date for all Board member positions
• Respond to email notifications/alerts that require action (on backend of YourMembership admin site), including membership registration issues, membership log-in problems, etc.
• Send bulk emails to members as necessary (Board’s semi-annual newsletters and Chair reports, Calls for Session Proposals, Symposium announcements, etc. (coordinating with appropriate Board members)
• Periodically post News items, including Board news and news of interest to the AHAA community
• Moderate website’s Community Forum, along with member-generated postings of Course Syllabi and Bibliographies, exhibitions listings, etc.
• Maintain membership database, alongside Membership Coordinator and Treasurer
• Update CAA-related pages when appropriate including session descriptions and business meeting details, and post relevant organizational documents (including AHAA Business Meeting Minutes, and CAA Abstracts) after the annual conference
• Update related web pages, including Board, Past Chairs, and CAA Conference pages, and archive any necessary documents to Organizational Documents.
• Develop and send out membership surveys as needed, including for the annual Co-Chair elections in late autumn (working with appropriate Board members)
• Set up event registration for Biennial Symposium (working with Treasurer, Membership Coordinator, and Symposium organizers), and archive all Symposium-related documents